We are looking for a π-shaped VP Marketing with a proven track record of driving growth in an early stage B2B SaaS environment. You will be responsible for developing and executing the Feedly marketing strategy. It is a unique opportunity to significantly impact the growth trajectory of an exciting startup that is transforming how 15M+ curious minds research and consume information.
A major focus for this role is to accelerate the growth of Feedly Pro+ and Feedly Enterprise and increase the awareness of Leo (Feedly’s new AI research assistant) with analysts, influencers, and the press.
- Collaborate with the product management team to conduct user research and develop market positioning and messaging for key verticals and customer personas.
- Work cross-functionally with teammates across the company to launch new features on time and at a high quality bar.
- Grow pipeline and sales qualified opportunities through the creation of high-quality and scalable demand generation campaigns.
- Develop marketing assets (presentations, blog posts, case studies, white papers, and webinars) for our demand generation campaigns and sales process.
- Establish data-oriented practices to optimize performance and continually improve the efficiency and impact of marketing channels.
- Develop strong relationships with analysts (Gartner, Forrester, etc.) and regularly brief them about Feedly’s unique value proposition.
- Grow and lead the product marketing team.
Helpful skills and experience
- You have 5+ years of marketing and demand generation experience with a proven track record of growing revenue from $5M to $25M ARR.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently, articulate a vision, and execute it.
- You have strong communication, story-telling, and presentation skills.
- You love to translate complex concepts into clearly articulated messaging.
- You write exceptionally well (including go-to-market materials and customer case studies).
- You have experience designing sales collaterals from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience.
- You have experience leading product launches, from crafting messaging to managing the launch tactics.
- You have experience presenting to analysts and the press.
- You have strong analytical skills and make data-driven decisions based on thorough analysis of campaign performances.
- You are a team player and have a growth mindset.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Remote working: Feedly is a remote-first startup, located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in doing work we love, from places we love! Whether you prefer to work from home or an office, we support with coworking costs and a solid home-office setup.
- Flexible hours: We believe that performance should be measured on output, and not when and how you work, so at Feedly, you will find a lot of flexibility to design your own rhythm of work.
- A social work-life: We are a small and sociable group. We make an effort to stay connected with Zoom team kick-offs every week, 1-1s, and social catch-ups over games. Post Covid we expect to meet up every quarter for a few days of workshops and fun.
- Growth mindset: We think learning is key to winning so we have created a learning budget of $1,200 per person to spend on courses, conferences, coaching or whatever you think will help you improve and grow.
- Gym perk: Feedly supports healthy and balanced lifestyles and will refund up to $120 per month in “gym and other sport-related” expenses
- Health insurance: Feedly offers and pays for medical, dental and vision coverage for all our employees and their dependents.
Manually keeping up with the topics and trends you care about is tedious and overwhelming.
Feedly is an AI-powered research tool that allows individuals and organizations to track key industry trends, without the overwhelm.
We serve 15 million individuals and 2,000 organizations.
Feedly is a remote-first, self-funded, fast-growing, and profitable startup, located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We’re a small and ambitious team that works closely in sync while each taking real ownership of our respective areas.
Our mission is to make Leo the world’s most helpful AI research assistant.